Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fragrance of the Earth

2 Co:2:15: For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
 I wish; If only. Am I being or becoming a sweet aroma/savour of Christ?, at home, work, relationships?, every point in my life. Sometimes it feels like it is such a burden to call yourself a Christian, especially if others who profess the same, act in ways that cast doubts in your mind.

Christianity, as I understand, is a way of life; not something I practice as a profession or a role I play as an actor; a way of life; my way of life.

I understand others have taken this journey before me; to be Christ-like, so as I learn from their encounters, I understand it is not a magic formula but a road-map; certain landmarks may change along the way but the underlying path remains the same; the Bible and the Holy Spirit, our helper who was sent from above . John:14:16: And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever. So I am not alone, you are not alone.

Let's be fragrances of the Lord; sweet aromas of lavender, rose, and many more. Infusions raising up to the glory of God. This does not mean you are docile, it means you are Christ-like; together with the cane waving persona.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tetekai, just catching up on your blogs. They are both interesting - this one however resonates so much with me and the point I am at re life, career and faith. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise. Sorry i just saw your comment.

    Welcome.

    ReplyDelete