Thursday, July 15, 2010

God on a Deadline!

Help! I put God on a deadline and it is up. Guess what? I had to extend the deadline. So this is my journey of faith, and from the looks of it, I am handing God a timeline to work with, but what do you do when you are on a timeline yourself? I know, I am supposed to wait upon the Lord and He is working his purpose out. It looks like He is taking his own sweet time!

So I am 'supposed' to have started work in July. I am going to get a salary in July that is what I keep telling myself and everyone who asks me about my job search. Pathetic, ain't it? Maybe I am not praying as I should, maybe I am not doing God's will, maybe I am not really listening to God, maybe..., maybe..., maybe... Just a lot of maybes right now. As always, I am counting on God and maybe He will work within my deadline. Come on, we are in the second week and a half in July, not too late to get that July salary if I start working now (my thoughts). These are the doubts that keep plaguing my mind after I have prayed and said I have left everything to God. Are these doubts standing in the way of my faith in what I am trusting the Lord to do? Weighing my faith, it is like a mustard seed, so my miracle is on the way. So with three successful interviews since I left my job, I am yet to hear from any of them (God, you are in control). The rest of my life as I am job searching, I am booking scouting and selling, fixing up my dad's desktop computer, visiting the internet cafe in the neighborhood and contemplating whether to get broadband for the house on my limited budget (see, my problem, I can't seem to let go and leave it all up to God. I am yet to learn total dependence on Him. Okay, so I am getting the broadband and that will leave me with nothing if I don't get a job in July. Hurray for broadband, and broke).

I encourage myself with this scripture; 1st John 3:22
"And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight." KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment